Saturday, November 10, 2012

Just As It Should Be

I was without my Spouse for two days and one night.  Big deal right?

It could have been any kind of disaster with five children, two dogs and okay weather. The local police did shut down a major through-way which caused City traffic to be a crazy mess but luckily I was warned driving home from our friend's home and was able to avoid the long waits on most side streets. I kept the kids busy in areas I knew wouldn't be affected by the extra volume of commuters the next day.

What could have gone wrong didn't and because of the loving gesture from my friend the time flew for the kids and I.

I like having a man around.

I love that the responsibility of our family lies on his shoulders   It's not easy to give him the burden, because I want to do it myself thankyouverymuch. I'm very glad I don't have to.  In fact, it was designed by Our Perfect Master that I do hand over the reigns and keep my mouth shut as my Husband leads and guides us.

I'm learning this role as a Christian.

My identity is found in Jesus Christ, not as wife/mother/friend.

My life will mirror my Saviour, and as he was and is attacked so must I be.  What a beautiful privilege!

Micah 7:5-7

We are studying the book of Job, and boy oh boy is it seriously wonderful!  Job was a man who was confident in His redeemer, Jesus, and even though his so called friends came to talk to him, all ended up reacting to Job with disdain by the end of the book.  I recognize this demonic behaviour.  Job's friends could not let go of their own self righteousness, and it ticked them off that Job laid everything at the feet of God. They weren't the one responsible, God gave Satan permission to use Job's companions, even his wife, against him to destroy his confidence in His Creator.
BUT see the confidence of God, that His work would not be shaken by a pathetic serpent!  A serpent who had to ask permission, who could only do what he wanted within the boundaries set out by a Sovereign God!  What Our God has done no man can undo!!  Romans 8:31-39.  I think some view Job as a battle between good and evil, but evil has no weight, no power, none, unless granted by The One And Only Master.

The book of Job is a great example of the Christian life.

Trails will come.

They are meant for the good of God's Elect.

In my experience this is very true and quite humbling.

My Heavenly Father could have sent a friend to undermine my Spouse while he was away, to question or attack our values as this unit, but instead God provided a sister who is solid in Faith and an encouragement to me, discussing life with her is energizing to say the least!  Even knowing this, my hope is not in our friendship, but the person and work of The Lord who is behind it cultivating our relationship and is indeed the focus of it.

Being the only parent for a few days reminded me of how much I rely on my own strength, instead of trusting that all things come from God whether they be a toddler throwing himself on the floor in a temper or a child old enough to know better hiding garbage from his snack in the couch cushions.

Yes, these offspring aggravate me to no end, but they will not be children forever.

I noticed God gave me an abundance of tolerance this week.  It hasn't gone away.  I still yell, but it takes longer to get there this week than it did last week.  My Creator is doing His work in me praise His Holy Name.

As I grow in maturity in a spiritual sense, I hope my example will allow my kids to see the contrast of knowing and living for The Lord instead of living only for self.

This is my prayer anyway.  I have faith just as Job knew Jesus would come, I know he has and His ministry is continuing from the Throne Room of God.

Job 19:25

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Polite To Share :)