Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Evidential Advancement


“Self-righteousness is much like a spiritual egocentricity.
It constitutes a secular type of love that thrives under conditionality, one in which is only existent after an individual meets the adopted standards of the condemner; 
oppositely, unconditional love is a holy love.” 




I think I come off as a know-it-all.

I don't mean to. In fact, I know I don't know anything really. I know what I know, but is that enough to know better? I believe I could know more. Knowledge however, won't change my heart.

Only one method will change me, and He is doing it in His time.

We (people) are very impatient with one another.

"He should know better."

"She knows, why doesn't she change?"

I say it's impossible for a leopard to change its spots.

The leopard may desire to be a thoroughbred horse. It can cover itself with mud, leaves, grass, hiding its true colours for a time, mimicking a horses whinny, but underneath it all, it's still a big cat.

I think this is an excellent picture of how people behave.

We are raised to think a certain way, influenced by parents, teachers, friends... which molds our character and brings us to a point of maturity until we start to decided what's best for self.  We like what we see in a certain group, and we try to fit in.  This is true for all aspects of the social sphere.

I liked the idea of Christianity but until God reached in and changed me I was powerless to do anything except what I thought was right, and in so doing actually mocked the very faith I held in high esteem, thinking I followed the 10 commandments pretty well.

I have noticed that human beings like to blame each other for not changing. I have fallen prisoner to this line of thinking in my past. We are born with a sense of right and wrong, but we can not deny our inner being, who we really are.  We are able to put on a show, make appearances and act a certain way around certain people, and accept others at face value, but we still remain 'ME' regardless of the influence surrounding us.  What I think is right may not necessarily be someone else's sense of it, and my wrong could be way off from another beings attitude about where that line is drawn.

That is why the Gospel is such a joy and delight because in Christ Alone are all things made beautiful.

Only In Him is Purity found.

We add nothing to our sanctification and I find this an amazing and comforting truth.

Anything I do is tainted, but the thing that God is doing is real and permanent.

God is writing His Will on my heart to remain a part of me for eternity!  He is doing this to all of His Elect!

I can not change who I am, but slowly my Creator is molding me to be more like His perfect Son, Jesus Christ. I'm learning to accept my spots as they remain, and not worry about wiping myself clean because it will never happen. I will only make it worse, or hide from myself who I truly am, thinking I'm not that bad, or I don't struggle with such'n'such. That kind of thinking leads to self righteousness, Satan's best tool.

My righteousness is as filthy rags, but Christ's Righteousness is imputed to me; not all at once but slowly, in stages, else my soul collapse. This is mercy.  This is Grace, that nothing I do helps God in any way, lest I should boast in me.

I will boast in my God, because I know Him.

I will hope in my Saviour, because He sustains me and gives me peace and rest.

For this I am thankful, humbled, and assured that my Heavenly Father is doing the job He begun, I need not take over at any time.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful reminder that God does not need my help. When we begin with I am, or I don't there is a slippery slope to self righteousness.

    I love that revelation that doing what you thought was right for Christians to be doing, was actually mocking God and the faith He gave you.

    Keep up the writings, they are encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

    (2 Corinthians 3:16-18 ESV)

    ReplyDelete

It's Polite To Share :)