Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rhodonite, Serpentine, Aventurine, and a Zebra.

I got all scientific today.

Don't expect this to happen again in the near future.

I enjoyed doing experiments growing up, but I am not interested in figuring out stuff.  I know the colour wheel, I know that wool can be paired with anything, and Salmon does not do well with a tomato sauce.  I'm not interested in why this is true, only that it is.  God has gifted me with the ability to find out if necessary but I'd much rather just think I know something then to go looking for proof of it.

This is my struggle.  You may have that urge to go out and connect the dots, figuring out why X+U%9=That, which is totally cool and gnarly and I will ooh and ahh over your findings if it at all interests me.  It probably won't though.

This past Sunday I missed morning service as I had been struggling all week after being out and (YES) eating out.  I'm going to start another blog based on my gluten adventures so stay tuned, it may be awhile because I am a Momma to five children and homeschool and have two dogs and want a clean house and don't have anyone else to cook three squares a day plus snacks so my free time is few and far between.  I only have one kid right now interrupting me to ask the same question over and over only in slightly different ways as right now the other four are outside enjoying the snow/slush/muck. Yes it involves food. No I will not give in this close to when I start preparing dinner.
Even though I missed the service my Honey was able to tell me a bit about what our Pastor presented from God's word.

We are stones, in a Tumbler, being tossed around with dirt.  The kicker? This is God's design.  God uses our filth, our sin, this cursed planet, to refine us, His people. There was more, so much more, about the natural decay of the church, but I'm focusing on what I understand at this point.

Picture this:




There we are, minding our own business, doing whatever it is that we like to do, not aware of our plight or situation.  We don't realize that we're dirty, filthy, unwanted, surrounded by a substance when wet is MUD.

But then we are picked up.


   

No warning.  


No conscious decision on our part.


In an instant we are removed from what we were comfortable, happy and secure being in.


What we knew.


What we understood.


We were snatched from our simple rock life and tossed with other stones in a big tumbler that is spinning!


Why did this happen!!??

Being tossed about with other rocks and dirt produce the very best product.

1 Peter 2:5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

 Matthew 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

1 Kings 7:9 All these were made of costly stone, cut according to measure, sawed with saws, back and front, even from the foundation to the coping, and from the outside to the great court.

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord God, "Behold, I am the one who has laid as a foundation in Zion, a stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone of a sure foundation: 'Whoever believes will not be in haste."

Isaiah 54:11 "O afflicted one, storm tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your stones in antimony,  and lay your foundations with sapphires.

Mathew 24:2 But he answered them, "You see all these, do you not?  Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon the other that will not be thrown down."

We have a calling dear Christian, one that is painful, foreign, and sometimes upside-down. Isaiah 28:16 prophesies the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ, and he was indeed tested beyond a mere mans ability to endure. He felt the Eternal wrath of God, not something to take lightly. He was put through the unimaginable, but because he endured the life God ordained for him to, we who put our trust and faith in him benefit, by our reconciliation with God!

1 Peter 2:4-8
 4As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For it stands in Scripture:

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone,
a cornerstone chosen and precious,
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

7So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe,

“The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”a

8and

“A stone of stumbling,
and a rock of offense.”

They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.
Take heart dear Christian!

You will be rejected by men!

You will experience pain like never before!

You will endure hardship, it may be physical, financial, mental, or all of the above, but even thought this is the Christian life, The Almighty has already equipped you for every good work. (2 Tim 3:17)

The end result of the filthy chaos we find ourselves in reveals the precious stones we are in Christ Jesus.  So put on The Lord's righteousness, and forge ahead, and welcome the beating you will receive.

This is our calling.

This is our end.

Revelation 21:11 Having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.










No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Polite To Share :)