Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dude Looks Like A Lady!

It's my baby brother's 30th Birthday today.

Man, I cannot quite understand how this is possible since I'm still 26, but whatevs...it's happened and I must pay him tribute because he is important to me, more than he knows I am sure.

We have had a pretty constant relationship since he was born, mainly because Jared has a very patient and steady personality, like an Elephant, and I would recognize this fact because giant pachyderms are my favourite.

No J, I am not calling you a packy. *sigh*

Anyway, not only has he been an amazing brother, but you would be lucky to be his friend. It's taken me a few years to realize this, but it's true.



I found I was more protective of J growing up and more worried about his safety than I was of my other siblings.  I fretted when we went to the pier, that he would fall into the water or a fish would swallow him.  I was concerned at shopping malls, that we would lose him for good. (Jared had the tendency to be distracted and not pay attention when our family moved on from one shop to the next, so my fears stemmed from actual events.)  He was also awkward and clumsy, I think because he grew so fast at times it took him a while to get his brain coordinated with his body so him toppling over was a possibility.  My scariest memory was at one time we lived on a farm that had a well house, and for a year I had a recurring nightmare that my Jared fell down into it and we had to feed him down there forever or worse case he actually drowned!

I wanted to keep him around, he was my buddy.



I don't think we ever had any major fights, even though our personalities are eons apart.  I was a spazzy control freak and J was himself.  Over the years I have calmed down, especially after conversion, and I have grown to admire my brother for his attitude and loving heart.



He has always been there for me.  If he could help me with a task, he did.  Sometimes I had to motivate him, sometimes I had to get bitchy with him, but growing up with J has given me the tools to deal with my own son who is much like his Uncle.



Family is extremely important to my brother.  He was thrilled to be an Uncle, and as each baby was added he was eager to have a peak.  I could post 20 photos of him holding each baby as they joined the clan, but you get the idea.  He is nervous around newborns, but likes toddlers.



He cleans up good....



...but he prefers to grow a dead thing on his face.  (I think he does it because he knows I dislike it.)



I'm thankful to know such a kindhearted, funny, caring and thoughtful man that J has grown to be.

He raids my kitchen every time he visits, and I still like to pinch his nipples.



 
 Who wouldn't want to squeeze these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Polite To Share :)